In the wisdom teachings, there are certain cycles, which open a gateway between the spirit planes and the earth plane. These moments of enhanced energy allow us to connect with the timing of the spiritual planes and view the goddess in her form as mother nature.
It’s time to learn more about how these powerful cycles can be helpful to you in the modern world.
The powerful life-affirming magic of Mid-Winter is around the corner. Should you wish to change something in your life, this is a wonderful moment to set that intention and ask for your dream to bloom in the Spring.
“In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer.” – Norwegian proverb
We are experiencing one of these magical moments on February 2nd, marked as the mid-way point of the season of Winter around February 2nd. This celebration is most popularly known by the Celtic reference of Imbolc. Imbolc, a gaelic word, means in-milk, derived from the gaelic pronunciation ‘oimelc’, meaning ewe’s milk.
What are the Origins of this Festival and Wisdom Teaching?
During the barren winter days of early February in western Europe, the celebration of Imbolc was a symbol of hope and represented the good things to come. When surveying the landscape (without), everything appeared bleak, and lifeless yet (within) the animals, hints of Spring were returning as the ewes (sheep) began to lactate.
There is a Goddess energy assigned to this quickening and now in the modern world, she symbolizes the seeds of life planted (within) the earth and within each person and how when nurtured and cared for, they blossom (without) producing the awakening of life and hope.
Who is Brighid and is She the Lucky Goddess of Marriage?
In the Celtic tradition, this Goddess energy is known as Brigid/Brighid. Brigid is revered as the Goddess of Healing, Writing and Prosperity. As a solar goddess, she represents the fire and light that burns within each living being and how when cared for, this eternal light creates inner healing, restores vital energy and stirs life within. She is also represented in the phases of the Goddess as the maiden and the bride.
Wise women around the world work with this goddess energy, helping others to launch new projects and beginnings, to stimulate powerful healing energies within the body and perform weddings, as this is one 0f the most advantageous day of the year to be married or start something new, a business, a venture, a new chapter in your life.
Brigid is referred to as the bride, which in modern times is recognized in the form of a young woman being joined in matrimony. This is but one derivative of the wisdom teaching and rituals. The Goddess Brigid is recognized as one of the Queens of Heaven who is being transmuted during this time and reborn.
This is a very lucky year to connect with this energy for marriage or new beginnings as in Chinese Astrology, this is the Year of the Sheep!
The Wise Woman of Winter, who has journeyed deep within herself during the darkest days of winter, is now ready to emerge and be reborn as the Young Maiden. This maiden carries the hope and promise of new life along with the wisdom and discernment of the wise women, giving herself the gift of intuition, healing, abundance and love. She is a bride of the light, participating in her own unification of this energy in a marriage ceremony of the heart and mind.
Seven Sacred Ways to Connect with the Energy of Imbolc and Brighid:
- This year, Imbolc falls on February 2nd. On February 2nd, light candles and lamps in the home to welcome the return of the Light. Yellow, white and orange candles are the best colors to use. As you light each candle, focus your energy with the flame and ask that the light burn clear and bright, bringing clarity to the home, burning off any residual foggy or negative energy within the home.
- White flowers symbolize the purity within and the promise of blooming to come. Place a beautiful bouquet in the heart area of your home and breathe deeply into the flowers, allowing their essence and fragrance to be experienced by all of your senses. Yellow flowers are also a good addition, symbolizing the warmth of light.
- Reminiscent of the milk flowing, sharing dairy products is abundant, the most popular choice being milk chocolate. Hot chocolate warms the body and when stirring the chocolate, imbibe the mix with loving thoughts and warmth.
- Place a silk ribbon or piece of fabric on a window sill, often referred to as Brighid’s Mantle. It is said that overnight, it will be blessed with the healing, intuitive and abundant energy flowing at this time. Use this fabric to wrap your deck of tarot cards, to wrap herbs in or to bless your bridal veil.
- Leave an offering outdoors of bread for birds and other small creatures who may be having a difficult time finding sustenance in the winter. While outdoors in the cold, give thanks to the beauty surrounding you. Stand with your feet firmly grounded to the earth and raise your arms in the air, bring the light from above around you and allow it to flow deep within you.
- Gather the seeds that you will be planting in your Spring garden. Hold your hands over the seeds and ask for the energy of the Goddess within to bless the seeds and nurture them. Take a small quartz crystal and charge this crystal with the same intention. When planting these seeds in the spring, plant the quartz crystal into the earth next to the seeds.
- Reflect on the seeds of thought you planted in the Fall Equinox within yourself and the goals you are affirming in this new year. Ask for the quickening of the seeds within you, that they may blossom and grow. Take a quartz crystal and charge this crystal with the same intention. Keep this crystal on your desk or in a spot where it will remind you of your goals and intentions.
Mother Nature in her many forms, teaches by example through nature. In the circle of life, there are adversities (within and without), representing in the time of Darkness in Winter, which are always overcome through the journey. Use this time wisely, as it creates a sacred opportunity to plant new seeds of thought in the mind and heart. The return to the light in the Spring, offers the opportunity to be reborn and move forward on the path, having learned from the time of adversity. Offerings of gratitude are given at this time to one’s adversaries, as they represent lessons and growth opportunities in disguise.
Ready to Learn More About Wise Woman Wisdom
and the Ancient Teachings?
There’s a lot more to know about Brighid and Imbolc
including how to send this loving energy to everyone you care for in the true spirit of Valentines Day.
Check out my
where I share the teachings of Brighid and how to celebrate the Celtic festival of Imbolc
and even how to create your own Book of Shadows in Wise Woman style!
Topics discussed in this video include:
How to Create your Book of Shadows
Celebrating the Feast of Brighid and Imbolc
Origin of Imbolc, GroundHog Day and St. Valentine’s Day
Phases of Maiden, Mother and Crone, Moon Phases
Esoteric Meaning of “Early Spring”
Energy Vibration between February and into Spring Equinox
History of Wise Women, Goddess Energy, Brighid’s Cross
Working with Crystals with Brigid’s Altar and Brigid’s Mantle and Wrap
Cleansing with Brooms, Herbs and Poultices
Kala’s Wise Woman BOGO Offer!
I’m celebrating the loving energy of Imbolc and in Brighid’s name this year,
I’m offering a BOGO (Buy One – Get One Free) offer on this video download!
Purchase the Wise Woman Video:
and you’ll receive a second Wise Woman Video of your choosing!
Just contact us after you purchase the Book of Shadows/Festival of Brighid video
and let us know which second video download that you’d like
and we’ll send the second video download to you.
It’s just my way of sharing the love and spirit of the season!
Much love and joy!