Have you ever had a feeling about someone that you couldn’t explain, but the feeling was so strong that it affected how you felt about that person?
When at a loss to explain how we feel, we might describe this person as dark and foreboding or the opposite, such as having a sunny disposition or being a ray of sunshine in our lives.
For thousands of years, artists in ancient Egypt, Greece and later in Rome and other parts of Europe, attempted to paint the energy they felt around a person, such as a halo around an enlightened being and dark shadowing around someone who is consumed with sadness and guilt.
What these artists depict and others describe, is what I have seen around people my entire life. Since my earliest memories of childhood, I have seen colors and rays of light around people. I came back this lifetime with memories of my past lives where I was a wisdom teacher, sharing what is known as the esoteric mystery teachings. I’ve lived and taught these teachings in ancient Egypt, Greece, India and Celtic times along with many other places and I continue to teach them again in this lifetime.
As a wisdom teacher, teaching how to see the aura in its many expressions around the energy bodies is one of the most valuable exercises I can share as it can lead to self-actualization in the body, mind and spirit fields. When we have conscious awareness of who we are as spirit beings, it opens doors to new levels of existence on the earth plane and the higher realms. Not only are we able to understand ourselves on a deeper level and develop further into super-natural beings of light, we are also able to understand our fellow men, women and children on a profound connective soul level.
I believe that through sharing and teaching the gifts that each of us have received through this lifetime and others, great healing and awareness will come to this planet which will lead to the evolution of humanity as super-powered beings. I also believe that one of the most important factors for this evolution to accelerate is the ability to see and sense the auric fields.
When you can see the aura and the energy bodies surrounding the aura, you can see how a person is truly feeling, regardless of what they are saying vocally. You can see their state of mind, their state of health and their state of being.
The various fields also show karmic ties they bring with them, guides who are surrounding them and the destined path on which they are heading. The aura fields are like open books describing who we are on all levels. As open books, we do not have to shield who we are, for it is on display for all the world to see. This provides a great freedom to be ourselves and live in the moment, with the conscious awareness that who we are is a constant process of change and evolution. The end result is more incredulous and exciting than many of us have ever imagined.
Many people say to me that they are not able to see auras or wonder if they truly exist.
Seeing the first layer of the aura is relatively easy to accomplish. In the workshops I teach, typically 90% of the people I work with are able to see the first layer of the aura by the first or second exercise.
While it is fairly easy to see the outline of an aura, (the etheric body is first viewed as a white border around the body) understanding what the colors inside the auric fields represent can be more challenging.
Are you wondering if you are sensitive to energy fields?
Consider these situations in which you were aware of energy that you could not see with your physical eyes:
- Have you ever walked into a room and felt the mood of the room coming from the people inside, without knowing what the conversation is about?
- Have you ever walked into a building and felt uncomfortable with no apparent reason as to why you are feeling this way, but wanted to get out as soon as possible?
- Have you ever met someone for the first time and immediately felt uncomfortable and preferred not to be around them or on the opposite end of the spectrum, warmed up to someone immediately and found yourself wanting to spend as much time as possible in their company?
- Have you ever played the game where you are blindfolded and you rely on sensing energy to see where someone else is located in the room and how close you can get to them?
- If you have ever taken a tai chi or other type of martial arts class, one of the first exercises you learn is to sense your personal chi/energy field. Students are taught how to feel the energy radiating off the body and how to harness the energy between their hands, forming it into a ball. They are also taught deep breathing exercises in order to raise the energy field and expand it. These lessons connect directly into the auric field and are a great way to connect with your personal energy.
- If you haven’t explored any of these options before, another example of sensing something in your auric field, is when you are deep in thought and not paying attention to your surroundings and suddenly, you “feel” that someone is staring at you and you turn to look. The person staring at you is causing a ripple effect that is being felt from their energy being directed at you and your energy field through the aura responding to this energy wave. The auric body reacts to the energy ripple and sends a message to your conscious mind to pay attention. It is being protective in this response, so that the mind can take the next step to discern whether the person is friend or foe and how to react accordingly.
In these situations and many others, you have felt the energetic auric field around a person.
Interested in learning more? Consider studying How to See and Work with the Aura at Kala’s Academy of Mystical Arts & Spiritual Sciences.