Gather round as I want to tell you a story. One full of magic and fairy tales and ancient wisdom where good always wins in the end.
The Powerful Life-Affirming Magic of Mid-Winter is around the corner
Should you wish to change something in your life, this is a wonderful opportunity to set that intention and ask your dream to bloom.
We are experiencing one of these magical moments on February 1st – 2nd, marked as the Mid-Way point of the Season of Winter.
This time is known by the Celtic reference of Imbolc. Imbolc, a gaelic word, means in-milk, derived from the gaelic pronunciation ‘oimelc’, meaning ewe’s milk.
What are the Origins of this Wisdom Teaching?
During the barren winter days of early February in western Europe, the celebration of Imbolc was a symbol of hope and represented the good things to come.
When surveying the barren landscape (without), everything appeared bleak and lifeless yet (within) the animals, hints of Spring were returning as the ewes (sheep) began to lactate with milk.
There is a spiritual energy assigned to this quickening and in the modern world, it symbolizes the seeds of life planted (within) the earth and (within each person) and how when nurtured and cared for, they blossom (without) producing the awakening of renewed life and hope.
The Celtic people assigned a goddess to this energy and she is called Brigid/Brighid
Beautiful Brigid is revered as the Goddess of Healing, Writing and Prosperity
As a solar goddess, she represents the light that burns within each living being and how when cared for, this eternal light creates inner healing, restores vital energy and stirs life within.
She is also represented in the phases of the Goddess as the maiden and the bride.
Light workers around the world work with this energy, helping others to launch new projects and beginnings, to stimulate powerful healing energies within the body and perform weddings, as this is one 0f the most advantageous day of the year to be married or start something new, a business, a venture, a new chapter in your life.
Brigid is referred to as the bride, which in modern times is recognized in the form of a young woman being joined in matrimony. This is only one small part however of the wisdom teachings.
The Goddess Brigid is one of the Queens of Heaven who is being transmuted during this time and reborn.
Brighid represents the return of energy in Mid Winter,
after we have journeyed deep within during the darkest days of winter.
We are now ready to emerge and be reborn as the Young Maiden.
This maiden energy carries the hope and promise of renewed life along with wisdom and discernment. When we connect with the energy during Imbolc, we are opening to receive the gifts of intuition, healing, abundance and love!
Brighid is a bride of the light,
participating in her own unification of this energy
in an esoteric marriage union of the heart and mind.
Wow, that’s a lot deeper than I thought we’d go here in this tale.
So back to the story here, my job as
Your Travel Guide to the Other Side and All Things Magical
is to offer some tips on how you can take this journey deeper and immerse your spiritual self into the experience.
Let’s Get To It – Here’s How:
Seven Ways to Connect with the Energy of Imbolc
- This year Imbolc begins on February 1st. On February 1st, light candles and lamps in the home to welcome the return of the Light.
Yellow, white and orange candles are the best colors to use. As you light each candle, focus your energy with the flame and ask that the light burn clear and bright, bringing clarity to the home, burning off any residual foggy or negative energy within the home.
- White flowers symbolize the purity within and yellow flowers bring the promise of light and blooming to come. Place a bouquet in your home and breathe deeply into the flowers, allowing their essence and fragrance to be experienced by all of your senses.
- Reminiscent of the milk flowing, share dairy products, especially milk chocolate. Hot chocolate warms the body and when stirring the chocolate, imbibe the mix with loving thoughts and warmth.
- Place a silk ribbon or piece of fabric on a window sill, often referred to as Brighid’s Mantle. It is said that overnight, it will be blessed with the healing, intuitive and abundant energy flowing at this time. Use this fabric to wrap your deck of tarot cards, to wrap herbs in or to bless your bridal veil.
- Leave an offering outdoors of bread for birds and other small creatures who may be having a difficult time finding sustenance in the winter. While outdoors in the cold, give thanks to the beauty surrounding you. Stand with your feet firmly grounded to the earth and raise your arms in the air, bring the light from above around you and allow it to flow deep within you.
- Gather the seeds that you will be planting in your Spring garden. Hold your hands over the seeds and ask for the energy of the Goddess within to bless the seeds and nurture them. Take a small quartz crystal and charge this crystal with the same intention. When planting these seeds in the spring, plant the quartz crystal into the earth next to the seeds.
- Reflect on the seeds of thought you planted in the Fall Equinox within yourself and the goals you are affirming in this new year. Ask for the quickening of the seeds within you, that they may blossom and grow. Take a quartz crystal and charge this crystal with the same intention. Keep this crystal on your desk or in a spot where it will remind you of your goals and intentions.
Mid Winter teaches by example through nature
In the circle of life, there are adversities (within and without), representing the time of Darkness in Winter, which are always overcome through the journey.
Use this time wisely, as it creates a sacred opportunity to plant new seeds of thought in the mind and heart.The return to the Light during Imbolc offers the opportunity to be reborn and move forward on the path, having learned from the time of adversity.OK, so you’ve got this lesson and you’re ready to embrace the light and the energy of Mid Winter.
BUT, Are you ready to go to the Master Level?
Yes, well it’s challenging but immensely rewarding.
Here’s what you do:
Offerings of gratitude are given at this time to one’s adversaries, as they represent lessons and growth opportunities in disguise.
Yep, you read that right, when you are at the master level of this story, you send out thanks to everyone who has done you wrong in the past year acknowledging that through their actions, they have taught your more about yourself and through this journey, you have becomes wiser and stronger from having gone through the experience!
You no longer have adversaries, just people you meet that help you grow in one experience or another.
You don’t have to thank these people in person. You just transmute any negative energy you are holding inside regarding them including, anger, resentment, jealousy, envy, hatred,disgust or revenge. You no longer hold this negative energy in your heart and mind and you no longer speak unkindly of them.
You now understand like I teach my students in my 9 Life Altering Lessons book, the lesson – All that Happens, Happens for Good!
This is great gift that you give to yourself, transforming and releasing any negative energy that you have been holding onto.
Now you have created new space to bring in and hold the light!
Ready For More Wisdom Teachings?
There’s a lot more to know about Brighid and Imbolc including how to send this loving energy to everyone you care for in the true spirit of Valentines Day!
Check out my Video Download Course
Creating A Book of Shadows and Celebrating the Festival of Brighid and Imbolc
where I share the teachings of Brighid and how to celebrate the Celtic festival of Imbolc
Topics discussed in this video course include:
Celebrating the Feast of Brighid and Imbolc
Origin of Imbolc, GroundHog Day and St. Valentine’s Day
Phases of Maiden, Mother and Crone, Moon Phases
Esoteric Meaning of “Early Spring”
Energy Vibration between February and into Spring Equinox
History of Brighid’s Cross
Working with Crystals with Brigid’s Altar and Brigid’s Mantle
Cleansing with Brooms, Herbs and Poultices
With your purchase of this video download course, you’ll also receive a complimentary copy of the PDF booklet that serves as a companion guide to this video. Video Length: 1:34
Easy Peasy, in only an hour and a half training on this video, you’ll be on your way to connecting to this beautiful Mid Winter energy, and you’ll have me as your guide to show you how to embrace this time using light, crystals, and empowering energy!
All for Only $49.
Download the Video Now (Lesson One of Wise Woman Wisdom)
Wishing You a Loving Day Filled with Laughter and Light,
and of course, a little bit of Wisdom from Experience too 😉
Hope you enjoyed this story 🙂
Happy Imbolc and Mid Winter!
– Kala Ambrose
Your Travel Guide to the Other Side